Welcome to our pod's virtual classroom! Here you can find the latest assignments, important dates for our pod, and any other news that comes our way. Staying connected during these unusual times will help all of us get through this together!

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Thursday, April 16th Learning Task

Update on Band Instruments

BAND INSTRUMENT PICK UP: FRIDAY APRIL 17th FROM 10 AM TO 3 PM

Please email your teacher and let them know:

1) If you can come on Friday 
2) Where your band book is (eg. in instrument case, in desk)
 
Learning Targets
⦾ I can edit my work by including descriptive vocabulary that demonstrates a growth mindset
⦾ I can proofread my work for correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
⦾ I can create and improve upon my work of art so that it is creative, neat and inspiring to others
⦾ I can create and use a number line to identify the probability of some real life events.
⦾ I can apply methods of monitoring and adjusting exertion levels to increase my physical strength

Literacy/HACE/Art


Continue working on your Acrostic Growth Mindset assignment from yesterday. Look back at yesterday’s post for the links to see the examples. Remember to INSPIRE us and be creative. Some of you have already submitted but we are looking for the ART aspect of your work. Please refer again to the examples HERE to make sure that you are creating a piece of art at the same time.


Tomorrow you will be asked to do a reflection on your acrostic...more details to come on Friday.

Here is the criteria from yesterday:


Success Criteria:

  • I used a variety of descriptive words
  • I have created an acrostic poem
  • My acrostic poem uses growth mindset words
  • My acrostic poem is personal to me
  • My presentation is neat and inspiring for others to see

                                       Numeracy - Probability Continued

 


MUST DO:
 

Create your own Probability number line using the example above. Place the following on the number line:  
  1.  Landing heads when flipping a quarter
  2.  Rolling a 3 when rolling a 6 sided dice 
  3.  Pulling a heart in a deck of cards

NEXT TRY THIS:
 

Create three other real-life examples of probability. Place them on the number line as well.


DPA: Day 3 of the Plank Challenge!

How much of the song can you sing now? Record your time on your chart. Are you getting stronger? Optional to send us a picture or video of your plank progress!

If possible, get outside for some fresh air too! DPA should be 60 minutes and the plank is only going to take up a few of those minutes. If you can't get outside do DPA inside instead. See the DPA links on the side of this post.